Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My Family Preparedness

So excited to be gathering my extended family together over the next week to discuss preparedness.  I have been feeling it keenly, the need to get organized, and I am not sure where I am going with this post, but I am hoping to get some insight.  You see, I want to organize my family in such a way that when disaster or need strikes, we are all prepared to act, not react.

I am hoping that we can each take on a different role in the arena of preparedness.  There are several main areas like:  food storage, heating, lighting, shelter, water, financial, communications, safety, and a few sub categories. What I would like to see is each adult take one area, do all of the research they can, and report back with information, bulk buys, how to projects we can do together, and this kind of thing.  In my mind I can see great work days, with bonding experiences ahead.  I am really actually stoked to be doing it.

I remember a few years back, I found a website of a family who had been doing a similar thing.  I have wanted to do it since that time, but never really got around to it.  Now it is time, and I have lost the website, so I am winging it.  Therefore, any ideas or suggestions would be of great help.

I want to create a blog or website where we can each share our information with each other and with any whom want to join or learn from us.

I am not sure where this is all going to lead, but as soon as I get it figured out, I will post it here and share. 

Seriously, any input or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.


0 comments: