Saturday, January 30, 2016

Some Things to Think About

I know in the world today, extremes are the norm.  Extremes in preparedness are no different.  You have those who are extreme preppers, who believe in the zombie apocalypse, the end times, and all things that are extreme.  They have their bunkers, their closets full of munitions, and all thing doomsday.  I have been accused at time of being a fanatic about preparedness, but I won't go as far as saying I am an extremist.  But hey, I guess it depends on what you are comparing to.

There are those at the opposite end of the spectrum and are extreme the other way.  They don't believe
anything disastrous is ever going to happen.  Nothing will strike where they live, no natural disasters, no economic related stuff, no terrorist related stuff, no man made disasters, or anything.  I like to call these ones extremists too, because they believe all is well in zion and they don't have anything to worry about.

There are those who fall into the unprepared category on a different level, because they just go on living their lives, oblivious to what is happening in the world around them, and think that money will buy their way out of anything, or they don't see the need to prepare for anything.  These people are actually more the norm than not.  They count on the government to bail them out of disasters.  They think if they live with their blinders over their eyes, then they won't see it, and won't have to prepare for it. 

In all cases, these are extremes to some degree.  Then there are those of us, who live in the real world.  We see what is happening around us, through the entire world, and we are preparing for what will inevitably come our way, even though we don't know exactly what that might be.  We see a variety of scenarios playing out, and worst case scenario, they will all happen at the same time.  That is actually more likely.  Kind of like the ripple effect, one thing will cause another, then another, and before you know it, we have some pretty big issues on our hands.  I don't need to go into details on these things that are going to play out.  Just watch the news with open eyes, and you will see them.  Look around you at governments, economies, and life, and you will see them.  They are lining up to be a perfect storm of ginormous proportions!  Oh it is coming!

Where do you fit into the above groups of people?  Are you prepared for emergencies to evacuate your home?  I know people who have had to do this.  Are you prepared for unemployment?  Wowzers, that could happen to any of us at any time in today's economy.  Are you prepared to feed your family, if there is no food, or if the prices of food get so stinkin high we can't buy it?  Are you prepared for any medical emergencies your family may have?  I could go on and on, but sometimes I feel like I am beating this one to death.  Just get ready.

What if your water pipes break?  Or freeze?  Or the power goes out for a few days?  Or if there is a tornado and you need to get downstairs fast?  Or you should have a flashlight by your bed, but don't?  Or you forgot to charge your cell phone and now there is no power?  Or you forgot to keep your tank of gas on the top half full instead of the bottom half and now because of gas prices, there is a run on gas, or the trucks are not running so gas stations are running out of gas?  Or you kept thinking about calling a family meeting to plan a bug out location or meeting location outside your home in case of fire or emergencies, but you kept putting it off, and now your home is on fire, what is everyone going to do?  Or.....what if?

When you are falling, it is too late!
I could probably sit here and write for a couple of hours some of the scenarios that could play our in your life today, but I think I would be preaching to the choir.  The choir is already converted.  How to we get those we love to get involved, and get prepared, without sounding like those extremists?  I don't know but I am going to be working on it from my end.  I am organizing family groups, and meetings.  We need a family plan, and I mean extended plan, not just my own little fam.  What do you need?  I need, for my own motivation, a group of like minded individuals that will work with me on things.  I will need to organize that as well.  It will help me keep motivated.

What can you do today to get motivated?  Do whatever it takes my friends.  Before it is too late and we no longer have time.  When the emergency or disaster, or event is upon us, it is too late to get prepared, it is time to act.  And how can we act if we are not ready for it?

0 comments: